Arrangement of Sections
1. Short title.
Establishment of the University Grants Commission
2. Establishment of a University Grants Commission.
3. Objects of the Commission.
4. Constitution of the Commission.
5. Terms of office of members of the Commission.
6. Proceedings of the Commission.
7. Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Commission.
8. Staff of the Commission.
9. Appointment of public officer to the staff of the Commission.
9A. Appeal against dismissal, compulsory retirement or other punishment by holder of a post in Commission.
9B. Seal of the Commission.
10. Fund of the Commission.
11. Accounts of the Commission and financial year.
12. Audit of the accounts of the Commission.
13. Protection for action taken under this Act or on the direction of the Commission.
Powers, Duties and Functions of the University Grants Commission
14. Succeeding provisions of this Part not to prejudice the operation of certain other provisions.
15. Powers of the Commission.
16. Annual report of the Commission.
17. Power of the Commission to call for information and returns.
18. Power of the Commission to make Ordinances.
Powers of the Minister
19. Responsibility of Minister.
20. Power of the Minister to issue directions to the Commission.
Universities, Campuses and University Colleges
21. Establishment of a University.
22. Establishment of a Campus.
23. Establishment of an Open University.
24. Establishment of a University College.
24A. Establishment of an Institute or Centre for Higher Learning.
24B. Recognition of institute or college as an Institute or Centre for Higher Learning.
25. Recognition of existing institutions for providing approved courses of study.
25A. Recognition of Degree Awarding Institutes.
26. Every Order under sections 21, 22, 23, 24, 24A and 25A to be tabled in Parliament.
27. Altering of order under sections 21, 22, 23, 24, 24A or 25A.
Powers, Duties and Functions of a University
28. University Order and general powers of a University.
29. Powers of a University.
30. Distinctions of race, creed, class or religion prohibited.
31. Certain restrictions on the application of section 30.
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.