LAND REFORM LAW
Arrangement of Sections
1. Short title.
2. Purposes of this Law.
CEILING ON AGRICULTURAL LAND
3. Ceiling on agricultural land.
4. Interim order declaring possession of any agricultural land subject to the ceiling may be made by the Commission.
5. Special provisions to apply where persons become owners of agricultural land in excess of the ceiling after the date of commencement.
6. Effect of vesting of agricultural land in the Comissionunder this Law.
7. Special provisions relating to co-owned agricultural land.
8. Ownership of agricultural land by body corporate.
9. Servitude not to be affected by change of ownership of agricultural land.
10. Rights of tenant cultivators not to be affected by change of ownership.
11. Statutory lessee may surrender lease on giving the prescribed notice to the Commission.
12. Agricultural lands subject to a mortgage, lease, usufruct or life interest.
13. Certain transfers of agricultural land to be reported to the Comissionwithin three months of the commencement of the Law and the Comissionmay invalidate such transfers.
14. Inter family transfer of agricultural land after the commencement of this Law.
15. Terms and conditions of statutory leases.
16. An authorised officer or agent of the Comissionmay issue directions to the police for the ejectment of unlawful occupiers of a land subject to a statutory lease.
17. Where an authorised officer or agent is unable or apprehends that he will be unable to eject unlawful occupiers of agricultural land subject to a statutory lease.
DECLARATION IN RESPECT OF AGRICULTURAL LAND AND VESTING AND ALIENATION OF SUCH LAND
18. Declaration in respect of agricultural land subject to a statutory lease.
19. Provisions applicable on the receipt by the Comissionof a statutory declaration.
20. Effect of a statutory determination published under section 19.
21. Contents of a statutory determination published in the Gazette.
22. Purposes for which agricultural land vested in the Comissionmay be used.
23. Agricultural land not to be alienated by the Comissionto persons who are not citizens of Sri Lanka.
24. Terms and conditions of alienation of agricultural land by the Commission.
25. Special provisions applicable to alienation of agricultural land by the Commission.
26. Applications for alienated of agriculture land by the Commission.
27. Price at which land shall be alienated by the Commission.
27A. Minister may by Order vest in State Corporation agricultural or estate land vested in the Commission.
27B. Revival of certain encumbrances.
28. Compensation payable by the Comissionin respect of land vested in it under this Law.
28A. Provision relating to the viewer or refund of certain taxes.
29. Notice to persons entitled to make claims to the compensation payable under this law in respect of any agricultural land vested in the Commission.
30. Determination of compensation.
|1400 Acts all updated to 31 July 2014 and available in eight hard cover volumes, on CD ROM and online.|
|Print edition and CD-ROM edition|
|Already a Subscriber
Copyright 2013. Blackhall Publishing. All Rights Reserved.
Design and Developed By :Indiafin Technologies Ltd.